Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Oklahoma State Football for FREE!!!

In keeping with my paltry once-a-month post schedule... I will explain the "Oklahoma State Football Tickets por gratiz Plan" I alluded to here.

So, to start, here's a refresher course on my "ranking of sports favorites" for those that don't know... the order goes a little something like this:

1. Oklahoma State Basketball
2. Oklahoma State Football
3. Oklahoma State Golf
4. All Other Oklahoma State Sports
5. Big XII Basketball
6. Big XII Football
7. All College Sports
8. Professional Golf
9. Professional Basketball
10. Professional Football

As you can see, Oklahoma State Football ranks pretty high up on my list... go figure! Now anyone with any sense would say "Hey, why doesn't your plan involve Oklahoma State Basketball? Isn't that your favorite sport?" and my reply would be "Yes, it is my favorite sport... and oh how I wish that all Basketball games were played on Saturday so that I could travel to Stillwater and watch my beloved Pokes toss the rock around... but that dream will have to wait. I can, however, live the dream of visiting my Alma Mater every Saturday in the fall for the 2nd choice on my list."

So, on with the plan:

I recently purchased 4 Oklahoma State Football tickets with a couple that my wife and I are friends with... we bought 4 in order to get the "Wild West End Zone Fun Pack" discount... which saves roughly $225 over the single ticket West End Zone price. That being said, I have now have 2 tickets to 8 home games that cost me a total of $575 (there was a $30 processing fee for those keeping track) These seats are in Section 101, Row 4, Seats 1 & 2... See Diagram Here (bottom right hand corner, if you're looking at the Diagram)

Currently the going price for a Georgia at Oklahoma State Football Ticket is roughly $300 for good seats, which we have... now i know that being that far down in the End Zone can be a negative, but being that freaking close to the field offsets any negative! Oh and by the way, Mike Holder (our mediocre Athletic Director) has made one game per season unavailable for purchase to "non-season ticket holders"... this season the Georgia game is THAT game!


To recap, if I can sell 2 tickets at $300/ticket for the first game, then I can recoup the ENTIRE cost of my season and enjoy the other 7 games por gratiz!!!

Ahhh, thank you very muuuuuuch!

4 comments:

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

where are you living now?

Devon said...

well, i'm in dallas... which is not such a far drive from Okie State! Honestly, I could live in Hawaii and i'd try to make it back for at least 2 games a season...

emily said...

I am liking this plan. Once I'm closer to Stillwater I want to buy season tickets. And I second Denver, I am not a fan of Mike Holder at all. He turned where I used to sit at basketball games into donor seating, so no one sitting on the floor is standing, cheering, jeering, etc. at the opposing team. Bad move! Miss ya friend.

Devon said...

Honestly, I agree with both of you... BUT he moved up to "lawyer status" in my books for the Travis Ford decision (regardless of how you feel about Sean... Travis has done well his first year) and secondly, (and i know im not gonna be popular for this one) i like the decision to lock down a home game to only season ticket holders. It's smart... it doesn't go far for his image, but it will encourage season ticket sales and money makes the world go round...